Today onOne software has announced Perfect Photo Suite 9, the next version in their awesome photo enhancement software, with new features that photographers have been asking for. It will be available in late October with new pricing that every photographer should be able to afford.
Stay tuned to my blog here for information on new classroom photo workshops using Perfect Photo Suite 9 in Phoenix, Arizona this coming October and November. Christine Hauber and I will be among the very first photographers teaching this software right on the heals of the new release.
A copy of their press release is below highlighting the new features and enhancements:
Perfect Photo Suite 9 adds lightning-fast Raw previews, re-editable files, improved selection tools and more
Among the key enhancements in Perfect Photo Suite 9 are:
- An overhauled Browse module, which adds lightning-fast previews of RAW files; new rating, ranking and keyword tools; and sophisticated filtering capabilities. These features are designed to help you cull and sort through photos quickly after a shoot, without having to wait for previews to be generated. You can then edit your photos using the Suite, or can easily send them to a secondary photo tool like Adobe Photoshop Lightroom or Apple Aperture — with metadata and keywords intact.
- A new Smart Photo feature, which lets you re-edit your photos — with previous settings intact — after saving and closing them. All of your editing steps are saved with a Smart Photo, so you can make subtle (or major) changes to a photo at a later date, while preserving the Photoshop file format for compatibility.
- To help you create better selections, all the masking and selection tools have been improved and integrated throughout the Suite’s modules. And, Perfect Layers and Perfect Mask have been combined into a single module, streamlining the process of compositing photos.
- We’ve also added a new Quick Mask brush: run it over an area that you want to select (or remove), and a detailed mask is automatically created. This is perfect for replacing backgrounds or adding a custom look to part of your photo.
- You asked for it, we added it: noise reduction is now part of the Suite. Reduce noise in your photos while maintaining important details. You can even selectively apply noise reduction to different parts of a photo, such as the shadows or highlights.
- A new Lens Flare filter in Perfect Effects lets you get that popular “shot into the sun” look and add flares ranging from subtle to bold.
- Faster image processing; filters and presets now load up to 30 percent faster than in previous versions.